We are Tucson NOW
Tucson NOW members and fellow activists!
I'm Kay Federoff, Tucson NOW President. The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the nation's largest and oldest organization of feminists activists.
NOW is dedicated to promoting feminist ideals, leading societal change, eliminating discrimination, and achieving and protecting the equal rights of all women and girls in all aspects of social, political, and economic life. As your Tucson NOW President, I welcome you in the fight for women's rights. Read more here.
For more information on the upcoming Women's March: act.womensmarch.com/event/oct-2-2021-march/1882?source=map&akid=
TUCSON WOMEN’S MARCH
ARMORY PARK, 222 S. 5th Avenue
OCTOBER 2nd, 10:00 am.
So you really would like to attend the Tucson Women’s March but that’s not possible….
We in Tucson NOW know that we can’t all be there, but we can all let our concerns be known to those who make the decisions about our Reproductive Rights and our bodies.
Below are some suggestions to make your opposition to the Texas anti-abortion legislation known to your legislators and be part of our “Big Day of Action”
1. Call your state and national representatives and voice your concerns about the Texas anti-abortion legislation.
2. Write and send postcards about your concerns to your legislators. (Letters are not as effective because they require opening.)
3. Contact your local newspaper with a letter to the editor about the Tucson March and concerns you have with the Texas legislation.
4. Reach out to your friends and neighbors about the Tucson March and pass on the ways in which they can be involved in our “Big Day of Action”.
5. And as you all know big days of action are expensive and need funding so donate to your Local Planned Parenthood Federation.
* And as a note: The U.S. Department of Justice is suing Texas to block the new 6 week abortion ban.
Planned Parenthood has joined with the Center for Reproductive Rights, the ACLU and other partners to fight against the Texas ban in court.
Thank you for your help and participation!
President, Tucson NOW
Read the statement here as well: https://now.org/media-center/press-release/end-the-cycle-of-damage-women-face-from-natural-disasters/
October 10th, 3:30-5PM via Zoom
WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE TUCSON NOW OCTOBER 10, 2021 CHAPTER MEETING
A SPECIAL WELCOME TO OUR NATIONAL NOW PRESIDENT,
Christian is here to bring us up to date and to tell us more about what National NOW is planning for our future in advocating for NOW’s priorities and moving the agenda ahead for women and girls.
And what an agenda it is…
*The Texas Ban on our Reproductive Rights and the ramifications for all of us from that devastating legislation.
*And the upcoming National Women’s March tomorrow, October 2nd. A direct response to the Texas Ban on Abortion after 6 weeks, made by women everywhere in our country.
Christian will be speaking to the importance of the Women’s March and the statement it made in over 540 different events that took place in 50 states across the nation.
*Oh, and did we mention the continued struggle to get the ratification of the ERA recognized by congress?
Lots to hear and discuss at our October 10, 2021 Tucson NOW Meeting, 3:30-5:00pm on zoom.
We look forward to discussing these issues and more at our meeting. You can join the meeting here:
Contact us with questions or comments: